Saturday, July 05, 2008

For the Bike Freaks..

Was googling for the Trek bikes (which US Team uses in Tour de France), and landed on this:

A Google Tech Talk video by a Google employee, an ex professional cyclist who was in the US Postal team with Lance Armstrong at grand Tours including Tour de France, talking about all that experience. Apparently this talk was at Google office as they are promoting Bike2Work ..:

HOWTO: Ride your bike in the Tour de France
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVcKzzB-eF0

Incidentally, Coincidentally!!.....,

I just ordered a bike on Thursday, and am waiting for it to be delivered! :) . There are some events coming up.. like London Bikeathon, to start off again.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=370063167253

Hopefully, this won't be stolen like the last one I bought. Though last time, was very lucky to get the almost-new second hand for £60 on eBay, for which a brand new cycle of same model was costing 5 times the amount.

Again, coincidentally, I was talking to Hemant yesterday,( my ex-Samsung colleague.. I used his bike for some months while in Suwon/SKorea after he left there. He joined Citigroup in london after mba from INSEAD) and he was telling me that his £1000 (yes, there is NO EXTRA ZEROes and NO TYPO!!;) ultra-lite australian-made racing-bike he uses for cycling to office for a daily 20km ride, was stollen at the gym this last monday, and he found it being put on sale on the net within hours!!.. contacted the guy as a buyer and then informed police and they nabbed the thief.. , got the bike minus some £200 worth accessories taken off..

Again, coincidentally, Hemant's bike I was using in Korea, was also stolen!!.. I had parked it at the bus-stop in Suwon where I was staying, and gone to Seoul city for the evening, came back late night to see the broken cycle lock where I had parked. Again, coincidentally, at that time in 2003-4, Suwon, where Samsung Electronics was started and Headquarters still is, was known as the safest and crime-free city in Asia! ;)
All the bike-talk and mails from biking-friends reminds me of this unforgettable biking trip..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home